July 4, 2013

Glue Resist with Rubber Stamps and Distress Inks

I really like the glue resist technique using the Dylusions spray but I also really love playing with my distress inks and stamps. To show the enhanced effect this resist can have I inked both sides of the tag with Distress Inks (scattered twig, marmalade, shabby shutters). Then, instead of doing the resist with a stencil, I "glued up" one of Dyan Reaveley's stamps with Ranger collage glue and stamped the glue onto the tag twice. (NOTE: Be sure to clean glue off stamp right away with warm water!). The glue needs to be completely dry before you proceed so I helped it along a bit with the heat gun.
Once glue is dry, use a baby wipe to lightly brush the extra color off the resist areas -- being sure not to press down too hard. Then another swipe with the heat gun and you're ready to stamp, embellish.. whatever. I think the resist technique "popped" this flower stamp to make it a more interesting design.

No comments:

Post a Comment