June 21, 2010

Sketch 22 - Scrappin' a sunny card




I did a double scrapbook layout this weekend based on a "Club Q" Quick Quotes page kit that had a "you are my sunshine" theme. QQ does wonderful vellum quotes and includes them on most of their projects. Not being a "red" person I wasn't sure I'd like this color combo on the page but it's so cheerful! The kit had several extra quotes so I used one of them and adapted this week's sketch for a different take on a card that could be for a mom, sister, wife, girlfriend. I tore and quote, inked the edges with Cat's Eye red and border punched the bottom of the card to add some color. Got 3 more pieces of vellum with this theme to use for perfect summer cheer-you-up cards!

7 comments:

  1. Great card. I love how you offset the two strips of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice done! I like how you made the background "bars" asymmetrical. The sentiment is perfect for the sunny colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and yellow colors. The sentiment is great, and I love the tiny sun you added at the bottom! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the song we sang as a lullaby to my nephew when he was a baby. Lots of happy memories stirred by your pretty card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and great take on this week's sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete